Thursday, May 27, 2010

Feng Shuing My Life



I'm hip. I don't care what my kids say. I read. I know stuff. Recently I read a book about Feng Shuing your life. It said Feng Shui can help you to get love, money, respect (no more Georgia Dangerfield) and happiness. Although I'm one of the happiest people I know, I figure...I'm hip, right? So why not give it a try? I could always use a little extra dose of happy.

First, you have to assess your "Bagua." My what? It took me three days to find it. In layman's terms, that's your area of living quarters. Not, I repeat...not a body part.

Seems you take each one and then you move stuff to let the energy flow to you. Energy? Do you know how much energy it takes to move a couch, three big chairs, coffee table, end tables, and a cat? But hey, I'm hip. I think.

You put red here, mirrors there, waterfalls, candles, trees, plants, Buddha's, boxes, dirt (got that one covered), glass, squares, horizontal or flat things, fire (so I cooked), and many other odds and ends.

By the time I was through, I had spent $350.00, was flat broke, had flooded my Bagua, and had to clean my oven. Again.

The author was right. I moved stuff and it definitely changed my life. Before I had a little money, microwaved my meals, my cat didn't need therapy, and my hips weren't sore.

Now, well...ah...let's just say I'm hip for sure. Both of um...Ouch!

I'm Feng Shuing my hipNESS to the couch. If I can find it.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes being "hip" and being "crazy" are too close for comfort....I should know....I survived the hip 60s. At least you can look at it from the humorous side of things - that's a real gift!

Hugs
Pam

10:48 AM  
Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said...

I really have no choice, Pam...I raised two boys. After that, you laugh. Thanks for stopping by and love those notecards! I hope you left a link?

10:57 AM  
Blogger boomerco2008 said...

The other day I realized I still have a metal box I covered in tin foil and then loaded with a few financial goals. Supposedly I'd I'd placed this box in the right corner of my home a few years ago I'd be rich by now...

That's my feng shue story and I'm sticking to it! And, uh, yeah, the box is still up there on that shelf... Maybe it just needs more time!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home