Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Last Straw


A good friend said to someone today, the last straw is generally the beginning of something new! In other words, look for the good or possible opportunity that will come out of it.

Cool, huh?

I can't tell you how many times I hit rock bottom and was so low I could walk upright under a snake's belly. I just knew the worst was upon me. But every time, something happened to change things and life became vertical again moving up and away from the drama.

Now grant it sometimes the "change" came in the nth hour, but I figure that's God's way of saying, "Hold on, Queenie, I'm right where you left me and you don't have to shout. I hear all."

Ain't it so?

Next time you think you can't take it any more, and you want to give someone a piece of your mind, remember the quote above. Something will change. I guarantee it. It is as sure as the fact that I'll owe the IRS the rest of my life. Another guarantee.

Stop...set your intention to hang on and to see the opportunity to try, be, or say new things. Save the pieces of your mind...you'll need them for the exciting change that's guaranteed to come.

I know I do. I remember telling a friend one day that I'd had it and was going to blow some steam. She said, "Girl, don't give um a piece of your mind, you'd empty out the vault."

Sigh...everybody's a comedian nowadays.



5 Comments:

Blogger Edie Galley said...

Georgia I have said it before and I will say it again...YOU are a very "Wise Woman"!

Yes, I have seen the last straw...and sometimes not handled it very well. Looking back, you are right, I was almost always holding on to a straw I did not need to.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said...

Thanks Ms. E. Speaking of wise, I follow you every day on FB and always find a nugget in your own wisdom. Keep sharing cause your fans are reading, and learning. Big hugs.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

More words of wisdom from da queen. JJ, I love your blog. If we can't laugh at ourselves we are taking ourselves waaay too seriously. Thank you!

12:09 PM  
Blogger boomerco2008 said...

Oh Georgia,

This post hit me at just the right time...

I got a letter in the mail from the State of Illinois that struck me as ludicrous and absolutely the last straw...

I got up from reading the dang stupid letter to get back to work and saw your post...

Thanks for a good laugh, and for saving my sanity!

I owe ya big time for this one!

Anne

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well! If anyone is in a position to tell this tale with authority - and certainly a big dose of humor - it's you my queen. You say you are back in "the zone"....I say you have always been there but the fog of doom was so thick you couldn't SEE the zone! Great writing my dear.

Pam

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home