Wednesday, October 24, 2012

All Things Intentional

It's been said that good intentions pave a road to Hell. In my case, it's a super-highway with eight lanes.

I do; however, have the best of intentions. I wake up every day full of vigor and raring to go. However; somewhere between guzzling coffee and checking Facebook to see who took their garbage out that day, got a haircut, or cleaned between their toes, my list of good intentions finds me paving yet a new lane.

So...I make lists on Post-It notes. Several. I tape them to my purse, the inside of my car so I can view them, and also different strategic spots throughout the house. No space, living or otherwise, is sacred when it comes to Post-It note "sticking." Ask my dog.

I even carry said list into work and tape it to myself. Customers observe the list and go, "Oh aren't you smart! I wish I were that organized." Bawwhahahaha...(one born every day, eh?) Of course with all things being ABOUT ME, I beam, offer them my best philosophical look, and say pointing to the sky, "Well you know what they say...never put off today...bla...bla...bla." Hey, they started it.

Oh a good day, I've been known to go as far as actually reading the day's list. And then somewhere in the large, open space between my ears (think empty gymnasium) my intentions crumble and the list is forgotten.

At the end of the day, my list is replaced with a new and improved list; and the beat goes on. Are you sensing a pattern here?

I've realized something about myself. I am one of those people who just like to make list. Unfortunately, that's as far as it goes. In reading over the last 25 or so lists I've made, one could say I am statistically below average on accomplishing goals. So low I could walk upright under a snake's belly. Sigh...

Then again, it's all in perspective. I like to think I'm doing my part in keeping a lot of people employed at the Post-It Notes factories.

Oh crap, that reminds me...

1. Need more Post-It Notes
2. Thank neighbor for cake they brought over last year
3. ...


Share
|




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to make lists, too, but then I'd either lose the list or forget to check it!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said...

Same here and my change themes. My latest BUCKET list is a grocery list. Hey, I say live in the moment, you know?

4:40 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I write lists and forget where I put them. JJ, you are a the top of my list, and I'm so gald I can always find you here :-))

5:08 AM  
Blogger Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Oh! I love Post-it notes. And I love you. My dose of humor from my Queen. BTW, one of my favorite pictures was sent to me by the owner of a press who had read the first edition of my Frugal Book Promoter. It was prickling with Post-its! A picture tells a lot. Love yours. Oh, yeah. The dog, too. (-:
Best,

Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Excited about how much the new edition of the Frugal Book Promoter (expanded! updated!) can help writers with the tried and true and the new media, too. Now a USA Book News award-winner in its own right (www.budurl.com/FrugalBkPromo) it the original edition was also a Reader Views winner and an Irwin Award winner.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home