Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vacation of the Mind


My bud Margaret, Maggie, the Magster, as I call her, was chatting with me yesterday about how we do dumb things on occasion. Yes, I said, on occasion. We both agreed that our Mama's told us there would be days like this.

We swapped stories about how some days our minds take mini-vacations, or in my case, a trip around the world. With luggage.

Having to one-up her, I told her that every time a storm comes acallin’ and knocks out the power, I go in a room and try to flip on a switch. She admitted to doing the same thing.

You ain’t gonna believe this…

Thirty minutes later, there was this humongous storm and ZAPPPPP! Out goes the power. And the brain. I ran into the next room to get some candles but couldn’t see, so...what did I do? Uh huh. You’re way ahead of me on this one, aren’t you?

I flipped on the switch. Twice.

Shouldn't that have been enough to clue in the clueless one? Nooooooo…remember, my brain is somewhere in the South Seas.

Next I go out to get the mail in pouring down rain, thunder and LIGHTENING with an umbrella the size of Texas. Why didn't I just wear a sign that said, "Please strike HERE."

Later, my pinhead brain had another thought and it was, “Hey, since the power is out, why not eat?” So I strolled into the kitchen and took something out of the FREEZER (I ain’t lyin’ this time) and put it in the MICROWAVE…to cook. It gets worse. I thought the thing was broken.

Mama said there would be days like this…only she didn’t say how to handle them. Course Mama also said, “Wear clean underwear in case of a wreck.” I have had two bad wrecks, and trust me Mama, it ain't necessary.

JJ--the mindless Queen


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun post. I particularly like the part about putting food in the microwave when the power is out. I have done similar things, so it's always nice to know I'm not alone. Cherry

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mindless Queen....in the famous words of MOST of us at one time or another: "BEEN THERE/DONE THAT".......how soon we forget huh? The electricity is out yet we can't figure out why our clocks are wrong...or the TV won't turn on or WHATEVER. Duh. Big Time. Thanks for another giggle!

Pam

7:54 AM  
Anonymous John Donaldson said...

hmmmmm ... there could be a fun side living with you .... you writing is entertaining. One could get some night-vision goggles and watch try to use the microwave and listen to you curse it. A video might even win big bucks on American's Funniest Videos. Of course, you would not be allowed to turn the tables and find entertainment in the wacky things I do. This list is rather long.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...love it. I'm beginning to really look forward to your blogger blunder beauties.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? I just made one too. Forgot to sign the above post.
Waving to you from Bavaria
Angelika

8:21 AM  
Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said...

Cherry, Pam/Pinki, Angelika, welcome to my world. Care to tell da Queen a few things YOU'VE done? I promise not to write about it. (insert crossed fingers)

John, remember...we went to school together. I KNOW you. Wait, is there moola involved with the video? I'm just sayin'...

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the title; Vacation of the Mind. It’s such a nice way to put it.

Okay, you want to know what I have done? True confession time:

Lately my mind has been going on vacation what my appointments are concerned. This is really bad, because I’m not only taking a mental vacation, I’m forcing those who I stand up,to go on one too. Cringe cringe….

BUT, … I just cleaned up my desk, organized everything into my organizer drawer…just slammed it shut with my foot and a grunt….Hopefully I haven’t overlooked any of those pink slips with URGENT wrtten on it. Oh my gosh, what is that sticking to my shoe! Yikes a pink slip…got to run!

Picture this : Real-estate agent, running and smearing her lipstick on at the same time.
It's not a plane or a superwoman, it's a running smiley mouth, yelling, "Oh my! So sorry!I ran out of gas!!! "(Geez, under pressure I have NO imagination).
:-)
Angelika

11:10 AM  
Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said...

Breathe...grasshopper...breathe. Holy moly. If I had your schedule, I'd be smearing lipstick too!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Chatty Lady said...

Now admitting my mind is on vacation now ladies and John BUT I went to my doctors appointment on Tuesday and no one was there, doors locked. I was extremely ticked off and went home knowing I would give them a piece of my mind the next day after I took my new baby to the vet for her first check-up. I sat and sat and SAT and no one ever called my name so I saundered up to the desk asking if there was a hold up or what? She looked at me puzzled and said but Sassys appointment was yesterday and you were a no show. I was mortified as I looked at my appointment book I hadn't bothered to check, after all I had a perfectly good memory...And yep you guessed it, my appointment was today and hers was yesterday...

3:45 AM  
Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said...

OMGosh...you're a mini-me!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home