Monday, June 28, 2010

Animals, they are our friends


I was taking a break from blogging, but when something comes along that is near and dear to my heart, what's a Queen suppose to do?

I miss my Trixie, my Boxer, every single day and know first hand the joy and love a pet can bring to our lives. I now have a cat, Miss Kitty, pretty original, eh? Soon I hope to have another Boxer (who doesn't eat cats).

I believe strongly in helping cats, dogs, birds, fish, and every living creature on the face of the planet...ahhhh...except snakes. Ewwww...I get the heebee jeebee's just typing the word. Oh and alligators; except of course the one's around the moat here at the castle. I feed them door-to-door salesmen. Hey, alligators have to eat too!

The reason for this blog? Here tis...

Rikki's Refuge, a wonderful no-kill shelter in Orange, VA, needs your vote to win The All-Star Animal Rescue Site $100,000 Shelter Challenge. Can you image what that moola could do to help a shelter?

That's where YOU, my loyal readers come in. You can show you care by voting for them in this challenge. Rikki's has over 1200 rescue animals of all breeds and really needs the money from this challenge. Please take the time to vote today and pass this on to your friends.

You have my thanks, and the thanks of the precious animals. If you want to help, please go to this LINK, put in US (if you live in the US), then put in VA...just go to page 12 and scroll down till you see RIKKI. Vote. You'll be asked to confirm your vote by typing in what picture you see (like a bird, dog, fish, etc).

That's it. Done. You've given voice to the ones who have no voice. If you ask me, that's a great way to start a Monday.

JJ--AND Miss Kitty.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog subject for this Monday morning JJ....it's a pleasure to support a shelter that's opened their doors to an awesome 1200 animals AND it's fairly close to Warrenton, VA where I live! Orange is a small town with a BIG heart - that's for sure. Thanks for reminding us of the joy our pets bring and the needs of all those "potential" pets patiently waiting for someone to come and adopt them.....they ask so little of us and give so much.

Pam

10:32 AM  
Blogger borzoi23838 said...

A great blog for a great cause!!!
Hope everyone votes & often. As a mom to 3 Borzoi rescues, I am reminded every single day of the joy and love that a rescue brings. May all rescues find "forever homes". Thank you Rikki's Rescue for all that you do!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said...

Pam, I knew this would touch your heart. Borzoi, I had to look the baby up to see what they were. Oh my, I think I'm in love. Thank you for what you do. God's creatures...they need our voices.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

found it on page 12
you would make Ringo proud!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said...

Ahhh Ringo. That sweet dog! Thanks for jingling my memory.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home